About Our Company
Our Mission at Drain Designs
Our mission is to lead the drainage industry by increasing awareness, improving technology, raising standards and promoting accountability.
- Increasing Awareness: by educating homeowners and builders about smart drainage.
- Improving Technology: we invented the American Drain System, a much improved alternative to French Drains.
- Raising Standards: our Lifetime Guarantee is made possible by using only well-trained professionals and high quality materials.
- Promoting Accountability: we are working with home owners and inspectors, realtors, builders and engineers to improve drainage practices and standards.
To serve our customers and the Greater Good as a fair, honest, caring, ever-improving and teachable team.
History and Experience
Drain Designs, formerly K Squared Masonry, is owned by Kevin Kondas. Mr. Kondas has specialized in waterproofing, drainage and masonry/structural repair for over 30 years. He decided to focus on drainage and waterproofing after doing years of repair work that better drainage systems could have prevented.
Kevin Kondas – Founder & Owner – Drain Designs
His award-winning masonry company performed the masonry work on projects that have been awarded such honors as Better Homes & Gardens Magazine 2009 Outdoor Improvement Winner, shown below as featured on Today’s Homeowner website.
Photo of Kevin’s work: 2009 BH&G Home Improvement Challenge – Outdoor Improvement category winner. Photo courtesy of Today’s Homeowner
Kevin’ masonry work was again celebrated on the cover of the Home Builders Association Remodeling Today Magazine, in the Triangles Best Remodelers 2012 edition.
Stone fireplace built by Kevin.
Proudly Featured in Remodeling Today
The Birth of Drain Designs
In 2008, Kevin moved the company from Ohio to North Carolina. He was able to show customers who needed help with cracked, failing foundations, masonry repairs and waterproofing that these were mainly drainage problems. However, there was no drainage specialist in our area at that time. That also meant that nearly no one was maintaining the foundation drains and downspout drainage systems that were in place.
He began designing and installing custom, high-quality drainage systems to protect homes, landscaping and most importantly the occupants since good drainage directly relates to less pests and better indoor air quality. Word spread fast. Drainage calls dominated our phone lines, and Drain Designs was born.
Kevin has since been awarded 2 patents on products in his revolutionary “American Drain System” which is a far superior replacement for outdated french drains & foundation drain systems. It is also the only true waterproofing system in the world. No other system can completely guarantee a dry basement or crawl space for life like The American Drain.
As a team, Drain Designs is constantly innovating in the underdeveloped drainage industry. We’re proud to lead the green industry in doubling the healthy life of our homes and properties in order to help preserve our health and economy for future generations.
What Drives Us
Our passion for helping save homes and buildings from the ravages of poor drainage goes hand-in-hand with our enthusiasm to promote structure and land preservation. We were the first company in the area to specialize in drainage, and we aspire to remain the best by using high quality products, providing thorough attention to detail and superior customer service.
Due to a combination of (1) the poor draining clay soil in our area, (2) new home construction methods over the last 30 years, and (3) a lack of smart drainage practice and regulation, the American Dream of having a home that is still worth something when we pay it off depends largely on smarter drainage. Sustainable drainage systems are essential to preserve our homes, our health, our neighborhoods, our environment and our economy.
We Guarantee Your Satisfaction!
Mon - Fri | 8am to 5pm
Why Choose Us
We lead the industry with smart, innovative improvements in drainage systems & foundation protection solutions. We work to ensure your satisfaction!
- 25+ years of experience in rainwater runoff damage prevention.
- We use only high grade PVC, smooth-walled pipe that is virtually self-cleaning.
- We offer a transferable Lifetime Warranty.
- Our systems are easy to inspect, test and maintain.
- Five-time Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner
- A+ BBB Rating and great reviews.
- Our patented *American Drain is superior to french drains.
*This product is covered by U.S. Patent No. 9,045,874 B1, PCT No. Pending.
- The Triangle Greater Raleigh Office Serving; Durham, Chapel Area, Cary, Apex, Hillsborough, Wake Forest, Burlington, Graham, Saxapahaw, Creedmoor, Cedar Grove.
- The Charlotte Office Serving; Greater Charlotte …north, south, east & west,
- The Holly Springs Office; Serves areas south, SW, & SE of Raleigh such as Garner, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Wilson, Angier, Dunn, Smithfield, Clayton
- The Akron-Canton Oh Office: Serving the greater Akron & Canton areas like Norton, Barberton, Portage Lakes, Lakemore, Tallmadge, New Franklin, Clinton, Greentown, Canal Fulton, Massillon, North Canton
- Not sure about your location? Call us or email us. We travel farther depending on circumstances.