Our Mission at Drain Designs
Our mission is to lead the drainage industry by increasing awareness, improving technology, raising standards and promoting accountability.
- Increasing Awareness: by educating homeowners and builders about smart drainage.
- Improving Technology: we invented the American Drain System, a much improved alternative to French Drains.
- Raising Standards: our Lifetime Guarantee is made possible by using only well-trained professionals and high quality materials.
- Promoting Accountability: we are working with home owners and inspectors, realtors, builders and engineers to improve drainage practices and standards.
To serve our customers and the Greater Good as a fair, honest, caring, ever-improving and teachable team.
History and Experience
Kevin Kondas – Founder & Owner – Drain Designs
His award-winning masonry company performed the masonry work on projects that have been awarded such honors as Better Homes & Gardens Magazine 2009 Outdoor Improvement Winner and the cover of the Home Builders Association Remodeling Today Magazine, in the Triangles Best Remodelers 2012.
Proudly Featured in Remodeling Today
The Birth of Drain Designs
In 2008, Kevin moved the company from Ohio to North Carolina. He was able to show customers who needed help with cracked, failing foundations, masonry repairs, and waterproofing that these were mainly drainage problems. However, there was no drainage specialist in our area at that time.
He began designing and installing custom, high-quality drainage systems to protect homes and landscaping. Word spread fast. Drainage calls dominated our phone lines, and Drain Designs was born.
Kevin has since been awarded 2 patents on products he calls “The American Drain System” which is far superior to outdated french drains and foundation drain systems. It is also the only true waterproofing system in the world. No other system can completely guarantee a dry basement or crawl space for life.
What Drives Us
Due to a combination of (1) the poor draining clay soil in our area, (2) new home construction methods over the last 30 years, and (3) a lack of smart drainage practice and regulation, the American Dream of having a home that is still worth something when we pay it off depends largely on smarter drainage. Sustainable drainage systems are essential to preserve our homes, neighborhoods, health, environment and economy.
We Guarantee Your Satisfaction!
Please contact us at (919) 545-7771 to discuss your drainage problems.
We look forward to serving you!
Serving Greater Charlotte …north, south, east & west, from our South Charlotte office. Click below to see our page for service area zip codes.
Serves areas south, southwest, & southeast of Raleigh like Garner, Holly Springs, Fuquay-Varina, Wilson, Willow Spring, Angier, Dunn, Smithfield, Clayton & more. See our page for service zip codes.
Mon - Fri | 8am to 6pm
Why Choose Us
We lead the industry with smart, innovative improvements in drainage systems & foundation protection solutions. We work to ensure your satisfaction!
- 25+ years of experience in rainwater runoff damage prevention.
- We use only high grade PVC, smooth-walled pipe that is virtually self-cleaning.
- We offer a transferable Lifetime Warranty.
- Our systems are easy to inspect, test and maintain.
- Five-time Angie’s List Super Service Award Winner
- A+ BBB Rating and great reviews.
- Our patented *American Drain is superior to french drains.
*This product is covered by U.S. Patent No. 9,045,874 B1, PCT No. Pending.
- Apex, Burlington, Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Cary, Durham, Elon, Fuquay Varina, Hillsborough, Holly Springs, Mebane, Morrisville, Garner, Pittsboro, North Raleigh, NW Raleigh, West Raleigh, SW Raleigh, Central Raleigh, Wake Forest, Willow Spring & More.
- Not sure about your location? Call us or email us. We travel farther depending on circumstances.